Anticipation Meets Assurance
Labor and delivery is about anticipation. For the patient, anticipation of a new baby. For you, anticipating potential issues – your primary focus is to ensure the comfort and health of mother and baby. With Voluson as a partner in the labor process, you will have an extraordinary imaging tool to aid in your clinical decision-making.
Voluson's exceptional 2D imaging capabilities and innovative SonoL&D software are designed to help clinicians:
- Objectively assess labor progression by measuring fetal head progression
- Evaluate amniotic fluid levels, fetal movement, heart rate and position
- Document both ultrasound and manual exam findings in one report
- Enhance communications with patient and family
Voluson helps provide you with more information for quick, effective decision making and increased comfort levels for families during labor and delivery.
READY WHEN NEEDED
The Voluson Performance Series is a sleek, lightweight system and moves easily from room to room, fitting into small spaces to easily integrate into your environment.
- Move from room to room without shutting down with the battery pack, ensuring the system is ready to image when you need answers
- Concentrate on your patient, not the system with an intuitive keyboard design providing fast access to frequently used functions
- View high-resolution images under variable lighting conditions with the 17-inch, flat-screen LCD monitor
More information for routine and high-risk deliveries. Using transperineal ultrasound, SonoL&D automatically measures the angle of the fetal head as labor progresses. This provides objective, quantitative data that can help:
- Support clinical decision-making
- Identify the need for intervention during the labor process
- Provides objective data when seeking a second opinion
The SonoL&D report provides electronic documentation of the labor process helping support quality assurance and standardization in Labor and Delivery.
Secure reporting and archiving
- Secure transmission of reports and images with wireless connectivity
- Create structured reports in minutes
- Export PDF reports with images and graphs at the touch of a button
Greater assurance for patients. SonoL&D can play a valuable role in augmenting your communications with patients and their families. Prior to labor, an educational video depicting labor progression may be displayed on the ultrasound monitor to provide greater understanding of the labor and delivery process. During labor, the patient’s progress can be displayed via the same animation to:
- Prepare and educate parents about labor progression
- Enable them to see how labor is progressing
- Understand when labor is not progressing and why delivery decisions must be made