Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is increasingly used as a non-invasive alternative for assessing iron levels in the liver and as a more accurate way to determine iron burden in cardiac tissue. Used primarily to follow organ overload in β-thalassemia patients and patients with hemochromatosis, MRI can also be used to assess patients with other iron overload conditions such as sickle cell disease.
Accurately assessing and reporting the results of these studies to referring physicians is an essential part of developing an effective therapy protocol.
StarMap 4.0 is a post-processing technique that helps evaluate iron content in the heart and liver. StarMap 4.0 includes a variety of tools to streamline workflow and enables you to generate comprehensive reports.
- Analyzes multi-echo fast gradient echo images and generates T2* curves, R2* color maps and associated reports.
- Supports multiple ROIs.
- Displays T2* decay curves within the region of interest
- Quantifies T2* times or R2* values for pixels within
the region of interest (ROI).
- Integrated, easy to use advisory panels help you through the analysis process.
- Customize and edit reports.
- Generate movies and still images in jpeg, tiff, png, avi , and DICOM secondary capture.